• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help still waiting for 4.1.2 on UK SIII

Nek_Singh

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
UK
Is anyone else in the UK still waiting for the 4.1.2 update on unbranded S3?? everytime i check for an update it just says latest updates are already installed but the version is showing up as 4.1.1. Everyone i know who has an S3 have received their update and forgotten about it!

i've tried doing a factory reset and firmware re-installation to no avail and kies keeps saying latest firmware is already installed.

Its really starting to annoy the crap outta me now!

Orange are terrible at pushing out software updates, thats why i never get orange branded phones. Mine's unlocked, got it from phones4u, yet cant understand why everyone around me have got their update and i havent.

It may be unlocked but its the fact that it is unbranded that is relevance here.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Maybe it was always France. DLJ2 was never released in the UK. We got DLJ4

You can download the full OS from:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3

(Use the filters to select your device and "United Kingdom - BTU" )

And flash it using Odin (guide) here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

I've never done this so I'm not sure if it will wipe the data from the phone. I *believe* it doesn't.

Please also be aware I'm just giving you the tools to do this. If you don't follow the guide properly, its not my fault.

Any data on your sd card I recommend backing up to pc first. Aldo suggest looking at sms backup+ to backup sms to Gmail.

Of course you could just wait until France gets the update

Reactions: Nek_Singh
Upvote 0
i plug my phone in to charge overnight and when i came to unplug it on monday morning it was showing that it had downloaded the 4.1.2 upgrade and asked me if i wanted to instal it. my wife had the same message but im not sure if she has installed it yet. we are both on EE (tmobile/orange). two things that are slightly annoying to me are when i plug my headphones in there is nothing in the notification bar that shows what apps are available to use headphones and the other thing is down the left side there is a retractable bar that shows apps that are available with screen with in screen or whatever its called but this keeps disappearing

ric

Upvote 0
i plug my phone in to charge overnight and when i came to unplug it on monday morning it was showing that it had downloaded the 4.1.2 upgrade and asked me if i wanted to instal it. my wife had the same message but im not sure if she has installed it yet. we are both on EE (tmobile/orange). two things that are slightly annoying to me are when i plug my headphones in there is nothing in the notification bar that shows what apps are available to use headphones and the other thing is down the left side there is a retractable bar that shows apps that are available with screen with in screen or whatever its called but this keeps disappearing

ric

Long press back button reveals and hides the multi window bar

Upvote 0
I've never done this so I'm not sure if it will wipe the data from the phone. I *believe* it doesn't.

I've flash stock via Odin a couple of times and it does wipe all data, including internal SD. So as SU said back up everything.

Another thing I have found, when flashing with Odin, is that my S3 always hangs on the Samsung logo when it reboots, so you may have to pull the battery, boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset as well

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Maybe it was always France. DLJ2 was never released in the UK. We got DLJ4

You can download the full OS from:

SamMobile Firmware Page

(Use the filters to select your device and "United Kingdom - BTU" )

And flash it using Odin (guide) here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

Please also be aware I'm just giving you the tools to do this. If you don't follow the guide properly, its not my fault.

Any data on your sd card I recommend backing up to pc first. Aldo suggest looking at sms backup+ to backup sms to Gmail.

Of course you could just wait until France gets the update

Flashed 4.2.1 earlier and worked like a treat! Even improved my battery performance! Thanks for your help mate, your a legend!:adore:

Upvote 0

ric
I literally just upgraded, and instantly was hit with the ear phone issue.
Settings>Display>Page buddy>ear phone page thingy.

(I don't care for page buddy, but it does bring up the drop down app options - woot.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones