• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Still waiting on bootloader info before going OTA?

Are you waiting for the bootloader to be cracked? Or already going OTA?

• Waiting for the stock bootloader to be cracked!!!

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Already went 2.2 OTA and hoping they crack this bootloader instead...

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

ooja3k

May 19, 2010
So is anyone still waiting on progress to be made on the bootloader before going OTA? With root of course ;)

I am having rare stability issues with Flyx / Tranquility on 2.3.9. I never went past this update/combination.

Im thinking if going to 2.2 OTA and rooting seeing as though it seems like no work is being done on cracking the stock bootloader. I know it is, but we haven't gotten any info from anyone lately.

What are you guys doing?

I wont even consider the OTA until there is a full sbf that works with it. The unlocked bootloader thing probably is not going to happen anytime soon unless nenolod releases it. Other people that tried to reproduce what he did have given up. At this point who knows if the bootloader was ever really unlocked or not.

Hopefully nenolod will release it in some fashion at some point.

Upvote 0
_mrbirdman_

Im not quitting work on the Dx, I'm just not releasing anything for it until a certain thing gets released. 12:00 AM Sep 28th via web

i forget where i read it but as far as i know he is talking about the bootloader? i heard it somewhere else to that is it ready to go just waiting for the certain file...hopefully this is true and he is not just talking about the OTA update.zip that you can use wether you are on 2.1 on the leaked 2.2...

Upvote 0
_mrbirdman_

Im not quitting work on the Dx, I'm just not releasing anything for it until a certain thing gets released. 12:00 AM Sep 28th via web

i forget where i read it but as far as i know he is talking about the bootloader? i heard it somewhere else to that is it ready to go just waiting for the certain file...hopefully this is true and he is not just talking about the OTA update.zip that you can use wether you are on 2.1 on the leaked 2.2...

I am really interested in the missing a certain file statement and if you could find it that would be great. Bu I also hope he is not talking about a full 2.2 sbf. And I also wonder why he stopped working on it?

Upvote 0
also the whole point of this thread is asking if people are waiting on 2.1 or the leal...or if they are doing the OTA update....i read that the new signature keys with the OTA bottloader dont affect anything that they were doing with the bootloader..that moto just changed them so that we wouldnt be able to use the SBF that they know is all over the internet..

Upvote 0
also the whole point of this thread is asking if people are waiting on 2.1 or the leal...or if they are doing the OTA update....i read that the new signature keys with the OTA bottloader dont affect anything that they were doing with the bootloader..that moto just changed them so that we wouldnt be able to use the SBF that they know is all over the internet..

interesting point if that is true then I have no problem getting a new DX.

Upvote 0
So is anyone still waiting on progress to be made on the bootloader before going OTA? With root of course ;)

I am having rare stability issues with Flyx / Tranquility on 2.3.9. I never went past this update/combination.

Im thinking if going to 2.2 OTA and rooting seeing as though it seems like no work is being done on cracking the stock bootloader. I know it is, but we haven't gotten any info from anyone lately.

What are you guys doing?

Just go to the leak if you want to see 2.2. at least then you can see what 2.2 is all about and still get the BL if it happens. If it doesn't you can roll back and do OTA then if you want. Why take the chance if your interested in ROMs. Although Birdman says you can roll back anyways but he hasn't said how yet. ( Probably doesn't want to tip Moto off.)

If you are having issues with flyx and tranq. then just apply the leak you don't need those.

Anyways I'm on the leak and my phone is running good now no issues and I'm now I'm waiting for the "good word"...and waiting and waiting :D

I think we haven't heard much because hopefully they've realized that tipping Moto off isn't a good idea after seeing what they did with the OTA BS.

Here's to hoping:D

Upvote 0
Actually it is cracked they just don't know how they did it :eek:and until they do they can't make a proper update.zip. But it was confirmed they can get it to engineering mode.

the bootloader is claimed to be cracked but who has seen any sort of proof of that?

I asked birdman if it was BS or not on irc the other day and he said that he didnt know and that he had yet to see any proof one way or another.

Upvote 0
I want the bootloader to be cracked sooo bad, I want the X but I really miss flashing roms.

@sundown how do you like the fascinate? Mainly I want to hear about the lack of the notification light and the build quality

i do like the fascinate. i still like my x better. build quality is ok. i think it is marginally better than the incredible. although, i have found that the glass scratches and scuffs really easily. i chose not to put a screen protector on it because i didnt wanna diminish the screen quality, and it is getting scuffs already, and i am not at all hard on my phones.

also, i HATE that there isnt a notification light. although, i've started to use remote notifier on my computers, so that helps a lot.

Android Notifications to Your Desktop | xda-developers

Upvote 0
the bootloader is claimed to be cracked but who has seen any sort of proof of that?

I asked birdman if it was BS or not on irc the other day and he said that he didnt know and that he had yet to see any proof one way or another.
Well that seems like an odd statement. What with his tweets about having the keys and nenolod asking for dumps a few days later. Nenolod also said it was confirmed they had engineering mode just didn't know how.
(This is why Twitter suxs. Little teases that don't say anything.) I would think that at the least he could confirm if they really did get it into engineering mode. Maybe he thought you were a Moto spy :D

oh well I still have 1year 10 months to go til I can dump Moto for good. I just hope it's not spent changing themes every week to satisfy my habit. :( Oh well

Someone needs to bug nenolod. Do you ever see him on IRC ?

Upvote 0
Well that seems like an odd statement. What with his tweets about having the keys and nenolod asking for dumps a few days later. Nenolod also said it was confirmed they had engineering mode just didn't know how.
(This is why Twitter suxs. Little teases that don't say anything.) I would think that at the least he could confirm if they really did get it into engineering mode. Maybe he thought you were a Moto spy :D

oh well I still have 1year 10 months to go til I can dump Moto for good. I just hope it's not spent changing themes every week to satisfy my habit. :( Oh well

Someone needs to bug nenolod. Do you ever see him on IRC ?

I don't think bugging nenolod is a good idea. That's what got him all fired up in the first place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones