1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Still worth it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by misfits01328, May 16, 2011.

1. misfits01328

misfits01328 Lurker

So I am interested in buying a new phone from MetroPCS, but I am curious if I should go ahead and buy the Optimus M or wait out a little longer and see what else they come out with, I've researched the Indulge but with the battery life problem I'd prefer the Optimus, just thinking outloud. Appreciate any feedback. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Alexslo1k

Alexslo1k Lurker

I have the Optimus M and I got my mother the indulge personally I love the Optimus.
    The Indulge has sort of a budget feel to it also the battery life is horrible.
    The Optimus feels sturdy and is plenty fast. As a matter of fact when the indulge arrived I set it up for her and ran an app killer I connected it to our wifi at home and ran it up against the Optimus on youtube suprisingly the Optimus would always pull up the video quicker and also the Optimus screen seems a lot better even though they are the same resolution the Optimus seems more crisp clear and a lot brighter even on lower settings.
    I have rooted the Optimus and it is even better. Now I am getting ready to flash it to have Overclocking features once I figure out with ROM I want to run.
    Hope this helps on your desition a little.
    Alex G.

3. misfits01328

misfits01328 Lurker

I went ahead and ordered it, hopefully it won't be outdated in two months.

4. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast

I loeve the optimus ( it is my first android phone though so I could be in love that )

5. shigglyboo

shigglyboo Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with my Optimus so far. There's a learning curve, and this forum has been very helpful. It's fast, I'm getting a handle on the battery life, audio quality is acceptable. I used to have an iPhone (1st gen) but the plans if I upgrade are all pushing $90/mo which is just ridiculous.

I say the Optimus M is great, just wish that Android and the manufacturers could somehow coordinate themselves a little better in terms of future OS updates.