• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still Worth Purchasing?

kopkiwi

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
Christchurch, NZ
I had the HTC Desire, now have the Galaxy S. Getting really sick of the constant freezing and auto reboots. Have done everything I can find to suggest fixing it and it just wont work.

Don't want to spend the money on the Sensation, LG 2X or SII.

So is the DHD still a good purchase and worthy upgrade over the Galaxy S?

i say it depends on the price. but this phone is great. this phone has a lot to offer, now that my phone is rooted, even better. wish it has a front face camera tho. i live half a world away from friends and family and since im on the go a lot, would be nice to video conference with them. altho i do have the option to do it on my laptop thru the wifi hotspot feature. did i mention i am now at level 32 on Black ops playing online whie using my 3g connection thru my phone ;).

Upvote 0
i say it depends on the price. but this phone is great. this phone has a lot to offer, now that my phone is rooted, even better. wish it has a front face camera tho. i live half a world away from friends and family and since im on the go a lot, would be nice to video conference with them. altho i do have the option to do it on my laptop thru the wifi hotspot feature. did i mention i am now at level 32 on Black ops playing online whie using my 3g connection thru my phone ;).

Unlimited data?!

Upvote 0
Unlimited data?!

no but mobile internet in cambodia is extremely cheap. the phone provider i'm with offers a pre-paid plan. for internet i get 1gb a month for $5US. im pretty good with managing the 1gb a month. i monitor my data with 3G watch dog but 3GWD over calculates, so my 1 month term always expires before I use all the data.

so on average it uses about 4mb per round of Black Ops or MW2, each round is about 10minutes. The connection is surprisingly fast.

to be honest my phone is my internet connection at home now. sure beats subscribing to a monthly ethernet plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones