• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Alarm clock snooze

All:

Slightly related question....

When I use any of the snooze methods for the "built in" alarm function on my Sprint HTC Hero, the next time the alarm wakes up from snooze, it doesn't play the full alarm ringer or repeat. It only beeps briefly or for a few seconds...and the SECOND time it wakes up from snooze, it sometimes does NOTHING....just virtually wakes up with no sound. What's going on?

I think I'm using the HTC alarm/clock widget that comes with the phone.

- Astro

Upvote 0
OK, so from searching the web it seems I'm the only person with this problem... When my alarm is going off, now and then, the act of getting the desire out of my pocket will do "something" which leaves the alarm ringing but removes the snooze/dismiss screen! This leaves me with a ringing phone, turning off the alarm does nothing, silent mode does nothing, only way to stop it ringing is to pull the battery out! It won't even shut down while it's ringing! Hopefully someone else has had this can point me to a work around. I know, i know, get an app and stop using stock alarm.....

Upvote 0
Since this thread has been brought back from the grave I will share a nice piece of advice I got from someone else one this forum. With the stock alarm, if you don't want to push that little button to snooze and you you don't want to drag the screen to dismiss, just roll the track ball and it will snooze the alarm. It's easy and it works very well. :)

Upvote 0
With the stock alarm, if you don't want to push that little button to snooze and you you don't want to drag the screen to dismiss, just roll the track ball and it will snooze the alarm. It's easy and it works very well. :)
This is true and works well, however I've noticed the following on more than one occasion after recently using the trackball to snooze my alarms:

1. After two consecutive trackball-snoozes, the alarm shuts off and will not sound again.

2. I have automatic brightness turned off and my brightness level manually set to about 20%. After I've started trackball-snoozing, my brightness will sometimes be set to 100%.

Anyone else notice either of these?

sleepy

Upvote 0
Hey Sleepy, I have in fact noticed that you only get 2 snoozes. I thought that was strange and couldn't figure out why. Perhaps it is because of using the trackball. I use auto brightness so I can't help you out on the second one. I'll have to experiment with the snooze thing when I'm not at work and verify for sure that it's just the trackball that stops snoozing after 2 times.

Reactions: sleepyEDB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones