• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Android launcher on top of Sense UI?

mrvirginia

Android Expert
May 13, 2010
Charlotte, NC
found that someone was trying to do this with the Desire but it was never resolved.

is it possible to run the HTC Sense UI with the stock Android launcher over top of it?

specifically, i'm looking for the block like pattern on the bottom instead of apps/phone/add in the Sense UI. and i'd also like the 3D scrolling of the apps launcher (drawer).

thanks

yeh u can you just go to settings ...applications ...manage applications ...find HTC Sense ...click it and scroll down to Clear Defaults then press home button and click the Launcher instead of Sense and there you go but when u use the normal launcher you loose the htc widgets

yeah i know. i want to retain HTC Sense and also get the 3D drawer and the little blocks thing at the bottom instead of the HTC Sense launcher.

i know how to do what you're saying, but that's not what i'm looking for. i want to stay in HTC Sense so i can use the widgets, but i want something that will get rid of the HTC Sense launcher and replace it with the stock Android launcher.

Upvote 0
the only people who can do that is htc
they wont allow their widgets outside sense

it has nothing to do with a custom rom

for some reason you're still misunderstanding what i'm trying to do here. i wouldn't need to use a widget outside of HTC Sense.

i want to stay on Sense UI. meaning, keep it on. then, on top of that, i want to change their dock on the bottom to reflect stock Android, and use a 3D drawer.

and anything is possible.

Upvote 0
yes possible but people have tried but couldnt do it even over at xda but werent successful you can edit the launcher's look but you cant get the 3d effect

you can edit the sense launcher but u cant get the 3d effect and even if you removed the arrow and plus buttons they would still be active if you by mistake hit the are they used to be in

Upvote 0
thats not possible sorry unless your some master hacker/coder it cant be done

Question. I installed Adw (or awd) launcher. I did not like it as it was very laggy, so I uninstalled. Now when I press home I get the option for HTC Sense and Launcher. I played with launcher and it seemed pretty cool. Is there a way to save your settings for Launcher like you would with HTS Sense kind of like the scenes? Would I be able to switch back and forth between the two?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones