1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Stock Android Launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harrygreen, Feb 23, 2011.

1. harrygreen

harrygreen Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Hi there.

So I've got a Galaxy 5 on 2.2 (rooted).

2.2 is great, but the one thing I don't like is the TouchWiz UI. Namely, I hate the black notification bar and the home/launcher screen.

I've downloaded Home Switcher, and found that I can't choose to use Android "Home", I guess it isn't on my phone, so is there any way to get the stock Android Launcher/theme, or at least to have a white notification bar like I had in 2.1? I've tried Launcher Pro but I didn't really like it, and there's no way I'm using ADW.

So if anyone can help, thanks.

Advertisement

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
    Welcome to the forums!
    You can download "Home switcher" (or any other home switcher) and simply switch from Touchwiz to Launcher.
    It should be also possible via Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage application, search for active launcher, select it and click on "Clear defaults". When you press home button now, popup with launcher selection will appear.

3. harrygreen

harrygreen Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    I downloaded that app but it only lets me switch from Launcher Pro to TouchWiz.

So I suppose that means that the Android launcher wasn't preloaded on my device to start with.

Thanks anyway though.

4. fury-s12

fury-s12 Member
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Uni Student
    Australia
    i can only access twlauncher on mine as well (2.1 too) must be a samsung thing unless your using a moded rom and can find the standard android home app somewhere your best bet is to try adw i rekon

adw works fine for me and you can set it up in a huge amount of ways im sure you can find one you like and for me at least it doesnt lag crash or anything