1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

stock android on verizon???

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by dansdad, Mar 20, 2014.

1. dansdad

dansdad Newbie

Is there a phone on Verizon that is stock android

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think the closest you'll find is a Google Play Edition phone if verizon do them unless you use a custom rom to get very close to stock :thumbup:

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

The most recent completely stock android phone was the Galaxy Nexus, which was released about 2 years ago. The Nexus 7 is stock android with a mobile radio, but would only function as a phone using VoIP options. The next closest device would be the Moto X or Moto G, which while not 100% stock, they are very close.

Moved to the Verizon forum.

dansdad likes this.
  4. dansdad

dansdad Newbie

Thanks so much I wanted the x but the camera kept me away maybe this year it will be better

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

The camera is tons better now, they've made a lot of fixes and low light pics are nowhere near as horrible. It can still take a bad indoor/low-light picture but it honestly is much, much better than it was originally.

The Moto X is a great all around phone.

6. dansdad

dansdad Newbie

Clementine _3 right now I have an old iphone 4 but the only reason I keep it is because I was waiting for a top Android phone. I understand that with Verizon the only thing close to stock is the x but what do you think is a better phone htc one moto x or galaxy s4. I'm tired of waiting and the reviews for the s5 are not so hot. I read where blinkfeed stinks. I just want a top Android phone unfortunately on Verizon with an excellent camera. Thanks much...Dave

7. vegasdroid

vegasdroid Newbie

I would, recommend the Motorola Droid MAXX. It is almost stock android. With a great battery life. The camera, is good now, that they did some updates to it.

The MAXX, has some of the same features of the Moto X, just with a great battery.

8. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

If you're buying a phone now I would not recommend the MAXX. As you'd be buying a phone that doesn't have much life left in it's support phase. I'm sure it's soon if not already to be EOL'd.

I would take any SGS5 reviews with a grain of salt at this moment. Wait until more normal users get it in there hands and do some reviews. I have several friends that have the SGS4 and i've not heard any complaints. Again tho you're buying old tech. I've also heard many good things about the X. The good thing about the X is the price. The fact that you can buy it full retail for less than 400$ is to me it's biggest positive.