• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Android UI VS HTC Sense UI

lhm0304

Sep 25, 2010
Now that Gingerbread is out with its massive (?) updates, is it time to root?
Although Sense UI is very convenient and well refined, I am tired of waiting HTC & service providers to tweak and release it to the users after 3-6 months.

I am currently running LauncherPro & never looked to use Sense UI

Do you think HTC will release New Sense UI with Android 2.3?

IS IT TIME TO ROOOOOTT?!?!?!

I was amazed what features were included in the HTC Sense UI, other than just the look. Just little things, you probably wont realise. A list of some of them are here - HTC - HTC Sense

These are part of Sense remember, not Android.

As for is it time to root, I personally wouldn't (if I was put off before, I have already rooted). But for me personally, I don't see anything in this update which is a must have now feature. Unlike with the 2.2 flash update, which was integral to anyone wanting to browse certain websites.

Simple really, if you wouldn't miss any of the sense features, and see something in 2.3 that you really like, then go for the root option (once 2.3 has been developed by some clever people to work on the Desire). If not, then leave it as it is :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones