• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stock apps ok... I think I'll keep it

jrowlings

Jun 3, 2010
San Francisco
Still in trial period... but I must say... I'm surprisingly a fan of the stock email and messaging apps. I have heretofore been an avid user of Touchdown and Handecent (or Chomp). But I'm not seeing the functionality on those now compared to the stock apps. Can't preview attachments, for example. I do miss Handecent's pop up window. And I wish, when in an open email, there was a shortchut to move the email to a folder (without having to use the menu button)... but other than those... I'm preferring the stock apps for a change. I still prefer Business Calendar, though. Enjoying the S4. Lux really helps deal with screen brightness well (auto bright on this is kinda lame, or I've not mastered some settings somewhere). Was thinking about the One... but between no card and the death grip issue... nope. I think I'll keep the S4!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones