• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock-based Email client w/ subfolders + off Peak settings?

jbreaker

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
I just got the Exhibit II 4G and have been trying to find an email client version which supports both subfolder sync (w/ alerts) and off peak settings (for Exchange ActiveSync). After running through various versions that were custom mods, pulled from ROMs, etc., I've hit a wall. (I could do this stuff on my 3-year-old Symbian Nokia, so I'm sure it's possible here!!)

I can find lots that support one OR the other, but have yet to see one w/ both.

Basically, I need to be able to set up my accounts (I have 2 - one personal, one business), and know when mail that is routed to subfolders comes in to my work account so I know if a server blows up or something. But I don't want to be alerted all night long that the office phone system has 9GB of free space available instead of 10GB...

I've tried the usual non-stock offerings:
K9 - no activesync support
RoadSync - only supports one account
TouchDown - I dunno - I just don't like it. Worst UI I've seen.
Moxier - it's okay, but it kind of seems like getting a Lexus when you want a skateboard.

I like the stock (or stock-based) apps, and wouldn't be opposed to paying for one in the Market if it did both these things, but so far no luck there either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Anyone know of one that does these things?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones