1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stock Boinic won't download apps, error (Download Req, WiFi)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sgschwend, May 30, 2012.

1. sgschwend

sgschwend Member

I have looked at the suggestions in the forum and tried uninstalling Google Play but I still have this problem.

The applications I have will not update or I can not add a new applications.

When I initiate a update or a new download the display immediately shows the download bar at 100% (inside of the Google Play application) and then the phone just hangs there.

Anybody have any ideas? VZ wants me to wipe my phone, not a big fan of that move.

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I know you mentioned following suggestions, but I want to make sure you tried them all:
    1. Clear data and cache on the Play market
    2. Clear data and cache on Donwload manager
    3. Clear data and cache on Downloads

These are the normal hangups with download problems with the Play market.

sgschwend likes this.
  3. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

How about (from home) menu->settings->Battery & Data Manager->Data Saver. If it is on, try turning it off.

sgschwend likes this.
  4. sgschwend

sgschwend Member

OK, I went through and cleared data and cache on the three apps you suggested and also turned off data saver.

There was no change, the downloading bar went right to 100 percent, then in about 20 seconds it cleared and a legitimate download ran.

It appears to be fixed (gives me the feeling that temporary memory is being used too).
    Thanks again

Steve

5. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

After doing what Unforgiven said you should reboot.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews