1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stock, bricked, failed verified on hard factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hydroskull, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hydroskull

Hydroskull Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    Alright, so here's what's going on. I have an Acer Iconia Tab A200. Recently, something happened and the tablet asked to do a factory reset. After it did it's factory reset, it stopped at a screen that terminated in red text "Failed verified" or some such. It is a completely stock load. The only thing is that I am pretty sure it was running Nova Launcher. No rooting, nothing else. As such, I have had a very hard time finding any recovery steps that do not assume that I have rooted the device, and Acer's support is beyond useless. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly tech savvy and have experience in IT, but I have never run into this type of problem, and rarely troubleshoot android devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. nsanityforever

None

Dec 30, 2013
    month old, but if ya didn't get it fixed, go to the acertabletforums a200, under the hacking section, look for the post titled "For anyone having problem with rooting, here is an option" follow the steps.

3. snowwy66

snowwy66 Member
    None

May 27, 2010
    have the same problem. i bought mine 9 months ago. it died after a week. but i was screwing around. have no idea what i was doing now, though. LOL.

i can't even get the sd card to work. to even load a bootloader so i can load a rom.

i get the usual cache and delvik wipe. then it goes into download mode with the android and i get the red triangle.

seems to be pretty dead. getting it reloaded just don't to seem to have procedure out there, other then rooting with sd card.

would like to see this thing running again. preferably, hopefully, with a working gps chip this time. this is the second tablet with poorly functioning gps.

4. snowwy66

snowwy66 Member
    None

May 27, 2010
    course, it would be nice if all the downloads in that thread. existed without bogus websights and trojans.

the simpletool thing all comes up to 4shared. and on the websight, is a mcaffee warning that file contains a trojan.

and would appear to be the only file available for download. so, if someone has a legitimate clean non virus file. it would greatly be appreciated.

i guess, without that file. all of us with dead iconias. are SOL.

5. nsanityforever

None

Dec 30, 2013
    well snowwy, he states the simple root tool didn't work for him, quoting the post he states,,,

"After some web search, here is what worked for me:

Download the Acer A200 Tools.

Extract the downloaded ACER_A200_TOOLS.zip file on your Computer.

From the extracted folder, you will get ACER_A200_UNLOCK_ROOT.bat file. Run this file as administrator.

Then, you just need to follow the simple on-screen instructions to root the tablet (this can unlock the bootloader if you want to skip the simple root tool).

Next, run the file ACER_A200_RECOVERY_SWITCHER.bat as administrator and follow the instruction. You can choose which recovery you wanna install. ( I tried TWRP and CWM touch, both worked fine; I stuck to CWM touch)."

if ya wanna stay with the ics or jellybean roms, the recovery's in his link are just fine, if ya wanna upgrade to the 4.4.2 android rom in the omnicat section, make shure you install the newer recover that's posted on that page after you complete the above steps.
    good luck.