1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stock browser shuts off when browsing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turkspur, Oct 31, 2010.

1. turkspur

turkspur Newbie

hi!

My browser shuts off and returns to the home screen when I'm browsing the net. I have only had my phone for three days and other than the battery life, I have had no other problems.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NOsquid

NOsquid Android Enthusiast

That's weird. Do you have a task killer installed? You could download Dolphin HD and see if it does the same, it's better than the stock browser anyway.

3. ehasley

ehasley Newbie

I am actually having the same issue. Its only with one website specifically, gizmodo.com

Its frustrating, any time the site loads up and try to do anything on the page including scrolling the browser crashes. Kinda weird.

I'm on the de-binged mezmerize browser. This just cropped up last night

4. bezerk19

bezerk19 Android Enthusiast

I think the problem might be related to the "de-binged" version of the browser, I've experience this from time to time.

5. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Hmmm, Im also on the mesm. browser and its ok for me

6. ehasley

ehasley Newbie

I do not think its de-binged browser related. I tried a un-fooled around with phone at the store a biz still crashes the phone. I think its related to the huge Google TV ad that flyswatter in the banner area. The browser crashes when the banner tries to fly out. Ad block wont take care of it. Kind of a bummer.

7. turkspur

turkspur Newbie

It seems to only happen with ESPN, so far. Oh yeah, my battery life is great now that i have learned a few tricks!! I downloaded the firefox browser and it has stopped.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews