1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stock Camera Gray Line

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by viebroccoli, Apr 15, 2012.

1. viebroccoli

viebroccoli Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I took my Galaxy Nexus to New York City this weekend, and have been snapping pictures like mad. However, I accodentally dropped my naked Galaxy Nexus while in Central Park. The extended battery door popped off and slightly scratched the backplate. After cleaning the dirt and reassembling my phone, I noticed it was working just fine. However, when I launch the default camera app, I notice a very slight gray line along the left side of the picture when I'm about to snap a picture. Luckily, the line disappears on the actual picture, but is there a method to rid of this problem? Has anyone noticed this issue with their Nexus? I find it weird this problem only appears on the camera app, when the imact shoul have caused a hardware failure rather than software. In other words, shouldn't this gray line be there constantly? All in all the problem isn't serious, but it would be nice to get rid of it. And what better method than turning to the community on Android Forums! Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Would it be possible to take a snapshot and post it here (hold power and volume down)? I'm genuinely interested to see what this looks like.

3. mburdick

mburdick Newbie

I've had the same problem since I got mine in December, never worried about it since it doesn't show up in the pics or in any screen other than the camera. Its kind of hard to see it on here but you will notice the gray line or two on the bottom left of the screen cap. It's more noticeable while actually using the camera on the phone.

[​IMG]

4. viebroccoli

I'm sure I'll destroy any reputation I might have, but how do you post a picture? I see you can put a link in for a picture; does this mean you enter the picture's filepath here? I'm stumped. But I have a screen shot to illustrate my problem!

5. mburdick

mburdick Newbie

The easiest way is to upload the image to photobucket or a like site. Then just paste in the link it offers you

6. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Going by mburdick's picture, it just looks like the background gradient from the right side of viewfinder is showing up on the left edge. Doesn't look like a big deal to me, so your probably fine. :D

7. viebroccoli

Here is a screenshot of the gray line:

[​IMG]

Again, not an issue by any means, but it's been poking at me since I noticed it.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews