• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Clock Question I Can't Figure Out....

PGB1213

May 20, 2016
Detroit
Hi!
I have Android 5.1 and it came with the stock Clock app from Google. It's the one titled "Clock" on the Play Store and has an upside down Mercedes-Benz symbol for the logo.

The phone used to have a large, digital clock on the home screen. Now it is only there for a second after the phone starts up.

I can't find how to fix this in Clock's settings. I tried disabling the app (can't be uninstalled) and downloading it again from the Play Store. The downloaded one is a new version. The problem remains.

I wrote to Google for assistance. They simply send me a link to the Play store & no explanation.

Do any of you know what went haywire & how to get my giant clock back?

Thanks Much!
Paul

Got It !
I was "Barking Up The Wrong Tree" while looking for the answer. I'll post what I did here so hopefully it will help someone in the future.
This is on my ZTE phone. Yours might be different.

Step-By-Step:
1) Press & Hold a blank spot on the Home Screen
2) At the bottom of the screen, an icon called "Widgets" will appear (along with icons called "Wallpapers" & "Settings")
3) Tap the Widgets icon
4) Touch-And-Hold the widget with the Large Clock
5) Drag it to the Home Screen.
Now the large clock will appear on the home screen, along with the date.

I still don't know why it disappeared, but Oh Well...

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones