1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stock D18 - not rooted - Never received any update notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tbenson81, Mar 31, 2011.

1. tbenson81

tbenson81 Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    I have a stock epic DI18...not rooted.....never made any changes to my phone. I still have not received the OTA update for EC05. I have tried updating apps in market like some have suggested and still no update. Any idea why?

Advertisement

2. K-droid

K-droid Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    i only got mine last night. my wife got hers the day before. i'm sure it will come soon- although it does suck to wait this long.

3. toyman317

toyman317 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Try going into the Market and check for updates (menu/downloads). That seems to trigger something. It did for me.

4. o0Syn

o0Syn Member
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    IT - Student
    Milwaukee, WI
    do yourself a favor and dont download it if it does come. This one still has plenty of bugs which are annoying the crap out of me :mad: Wish i never installed it. Now my damn phone wont even mount to my computer so i can go back looks like im stuck with this shit now

5. tbenson81

tbenson81 Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    I think I am going to decline the update. Not sure what all the hype is ..my phone works perfectly now and the changes that are in the "update"....I consider downgrades.....like the bubble text......and inability to use my "shoot me" screen capture program without being rooted

I really dont see any advatange. My skyfire browser gets me flash and I have no need to move apps to my SD card.

All I have heard about are problems with this update....even with the so called "fixed" version. This coupled by the fact that there doesnt really seem to be any advantage......Ill decline for a while

Ive never seen so many people excited before about such a worthless upgrade

6. MAKOKILLER

MAKOKILLER Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    WATKINS GLEN, NY
    consider yourself lucky.... I keep getting the update message but I am not going to install it.

7. PhonerSapien

PhonerSapien Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Mine have arrived when I've had 4G turned on for a while, so you might try doing that. Perhaps the typical Sprint 3G bandwidth is so bad, the OTA process refrains from sending anything.