• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stock downloads app after root

adamck4

Sep 22, 2014
I rooted and started getting rid of things, but apparently what I thought was just a redundant download manager was necessary to download things from my browser and Google play. Would anyone happen to have access to the apk for the volt's lg download app?

download a both Busybox and Lucky Patcher . open Lucky Patcher and go to TOOLBOX and install the latest modded pllay store listed and restart . if you uninstalled it , it'll never be the same in the sense that you sorta degoogleized a nice little chunk of what google likes to be nosy about ... like permissions because you can change em and still have full op of the app . im sorta a noob . wisdom thru trial n error .

Upvote 0
download a both Busybox and Lucky Patcher . open Lucky Patcher and go to TOOLBOX and install the latest modded pllay store listed and restart . if you uninstalled it , it'll never be the same in the sense that you sorta degoogleized a nice little chunk of what google likes to be nosy about ... like permissions because you can change em and still have full op of the app . im sorta a noob . wisdom thru trial n error .

UPDATE: the above method also boosted my "spark" because I had absolutlely no hi speed data til I installed the modded play store , it started back up and its NOTICEABLY faster . no problems yet but I'll keep you posted . this phone is amazing BTW . I'll donate when I see devs getting busy . til then I'm flying blind but more like skydiving with my eyes closed wheeeeewww !!!! best phone I ever had

Upvote 0
@adamck4: Here's the downloads apk. yw :)

@noeticprince: What exactly is the modded play store supposed to accomplish? I haven't seen anything different. I'm also not noticing any improvement in speed like you mentioned.

Attachments

• com.android.providers.downloads.apk
    318.1 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
It doesn't accomplish anything . I accidentally uninstalled it by accident and for some odd reason my 4g didn't work til I reinstalled it . its faster yes , better HD video with optimal load time (few secs) thru miscast (which is also harass BTW) the sprint spark isn't available EVERYWHERE yet (like 29 cities so far and maybe more) but its faster in some places than most . maybe I'm better placed ? did your 4g conk out when you uninstalled the store ?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the file. For some reason, now I get error 491, I can't download or update anything from the play store. I tried a fix of removing my Google account, rebooting, and adding the account back but nothing worked. Tried it with the regular store and modded store.
The very same thing here, i can use almost anything except the play store, it keeps telling me no connection

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones