1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Stock earphones issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sensation, Jul 14, 2011.

1. sensation

sensation Newbie
    None

May 24, 2011
    Hi,

I got a SGS about a month back, have been using my ipod earphones for listening to music,and they have been working perfectly fine. recently i tried using the Samsung stock earphones, but i wasnt getting proper output at all..all i could hear was instrumental output, no vocals in the songs.

i connected the samsung earphones to my laptop, played around with the audio balance settings, and figured that these values are typically set as equal for L-R for a typical earphone, but for this set, I had to increase one and decrease the other to extreme 0 or 100 in order to get both instrumental and vocal audible outputs...which still didnt sound like a proper output at all.

for any other earphone connected to my laptop, a setting of 50-50 or 100-100 works perfectly fine. if i push one of them to 0, the audio output from that earplug goes away, but that also wasnt happening with the Samsung set.

the question is..is this balance setting a earphone specific property, or a setting of the system it is connected on, and second..is it possible to change this setting on galaxy S..if so,how?

has anyone even faced this problem earlier?

Thanks in advance.
    sensation

Advertisement

2. sensation

sensation Newbie
    None

May 24, 2011
    anyone? :|

3. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    student
    Croatia
    Well, you will not believe this, but I had the exactly same problem. But on my Sennheiser CX-300II :D

Eventually sold them off.

Check if the 3.5mm jack is in the connector all the way in. If it is, send them back (if your phone is still under warranty).

P.S. before doing that, check if the cable is damaged somewhere.

4. sensation

sensation Newbie
    None

May 24, 2011
    yes..thts something i noticed too..tht the jack doesnt go in all the way..i thought tht was weird but then my ipod earphones worked fine even with half the jack in..so i thought tht might not be a problem..but now tht u mention it..is tht a phone defect?