• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Email App Dim Now On JB

seagood3

Aug 22, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that when you open the stock email app that it is very dim? You can actually see the screen brighten when you close the app and dim as soon as it is opened. There is no brightness control for the actual app so I don't know what gives. I use this for my work/exchange account so rather annoying.

Anyone know a fix?

I noticed the same thing.
Only thing you can do is to disable the auto brightness setting under Settings -> Display.

I thought it was Juicedefender that was doing it, but I recollect now that it has been doing this since I upgraded to JB.

Has anyone else noticed that when you open the stock email app that it is very dim? You can actually see the screen brighten when you close the app and dim as soon as it is opened. There is no brightness control for the actual app so I don't know what gives. I use this for my work/exchange account so rather annoying.

Anyone know a fix?

Upvote 0

Anyone know a fix?

I just noticed it this morning. I updated last Friday, 12/14/12, so I'm not sure I've even opened my e-mail since then (until this morning).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones