1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Stock Email Issue Signature

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Badtoys23, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Badtoys23

Badtoys23 New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Male
    Sales
    Ohio
    I have recently bought the Samsung S3 running on AT&T and I am having an issue with the signature in the default email app. I use several different email account and have changed the signature on each one. However no matter what email account I use the signature always reverts to the default email account. I have contacted AT&T about this and have sent Samsung an email but they cannot figure out why mine is doing this. Has anyone experienced this r know how to fix it? I do not want to download another app.....

Thank you

Advertisement

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    Welcome to Android Forums, Badtoys23!:)

I am not sure what would cause this issue,so I can't really help there, but I will move this thread into the forum for the US version of the S3, and maybe someone there will have a solution. This particular forum is for the new Australian version of the S3

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Try to uncheck the button that says "Use as default" under the account that keeps forcing your sig.

TheGeek likes this.
  4. TheGeek

TheGeek Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2011
    West Chester, PA
    That is exactly the issue!

I have multiple accounts I send from based on certain business reasons and the only way I could fix that was to disable default.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Glad to have helped.

6. Badtoys23

Badtoys23 New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Male
    Sales
    Ohio
    How do you disable default? On mine it says that you have to have a default account selected..

Thank You

7. Alcatrav

Alcatrav New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I am using the Samsung galaxy s3 stock email program and multiple gmail accounts within it. The combined inbox view is great.

When I send an email I can choose from any of the gmail accounts, BUT, the signature doesn't change - it always stays as the signature from the email account selected as the default.

If I change the default account, the email signature change but still remains same v for all accounts.

Any suggestions? ?