• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock firmware .zip?

David Dubz

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2012
United States
So my phone is working again. Yay! But I have a problem... the activate app is gone.

Also, it's having lots of problems. Lots. No lockscreen, can't update, and can't connect by usb, even though it says usb debugging enabled.

However, wifi works. Is there a zip file I can flash in recovery that will return it to the stock firmware?

So my phone is working again. Yay! But I have a problem... the activate app is gone.

Also, it's having lots of problems. Lots. No lockscreen, can't update, and can't connect by usb, even though it says usb debugging enabled.

However, wifi works. Is there a zip file I can flash in recovery that will return it to the stock firmware?

If you want, you can dial ##VIRGIN#

-Click on Edit
- For the MDN, replace what's there with 0000001234
-hit OK
-For MSID, replace 0000006789
-hit ok
-hit Done
-Phone will reboot
-you should have the activate option again

You can then reactivate your phone with th VM/Sprint Towers

VM had me do this after a tower went down in my area.

Upvote 0
If you want, you can dial ##VIRGIN#

-Click on Edit
- For the MDN, replace what's there with 0000001234
-hit OK
-For MSID, replace 0000006789
-hit ok
-hit Done
-Phone will reboot
-you should have the activate option again

You can then reactivate your phone with th VM/Sprint Towers

VM had me do this after a tower went down in my area.

I did that, and then the phone app just closes randomly. And now everytime I turn on wifi, the phone completely restarts. Weird, it was working before. Thanks for the tip, but my phone is just having so many problems. I'm going to have it looked at by someone.

Upvote 0
hey man same things happening to me did you get it fixed???:(

Nope :/ sorry. What I did is just call Virgin Mobile and was completely honest. I just didn't mention the rooting. Just tell them you have no signal anywhere, and the lockscreen is gone and whatever other problems you're having. My new phone is supposed to be coming in today or tomorrow

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones