• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Froyo For Droid From Source?

It was the stock 2.1 with superuser via the update.zip. It gave me an error message or two, but after rebooting and clearing all of the apps in Superuser.apk, it worked. I installed ROM Manager and ran with it.

Either that or maybe my droid DID become self-aware. uh oh. If I disappear soon, make sure someone finds and destroys my droid. I mean... not destroys. id never say destroys... I love my droid. Yeah.

but then my phone was always quirky. I was one of the .03% who bought their droids on opening day and the screen rotated when you tilted the phone. o_O

hmm I cant believe the stock recovery flashed that. Once my droid is charged back up I am going to put this to some further testing

Upvote 0
me to if I somehow put together a file that roots 2.1 and I didnt even know it I am going to be slightly annoyed

Yeah, I just went back through the how-to I followed and noticed you were the one who made the update.zip I used! lmao. The first part of the how-to specifies flashing an SBF, but I had just barely got back from BB with the phone, and was pissed off at the world. I run W7 64bit which I have never been able to get to work with RSDLite, so I just had one of those "fk it" moments and tried the update.zip right from the 2.1 version that was on the phone when I got it back.

Prior to the phones temporary death, it was running CM 5.0.6.2, so the ROM isn't the one I had on there, and the recovery was definitely the stock one.

Well, OMJ... you have everyone waiting on pins and needles. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones