1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stock Gingerbread Battery Usage Graph

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sycobob, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member

I'm trying to decipher some of the information. Mainly, on the actual graph, what's the difference between a green, yellow, or red line?

Less important, but still curious about: what do all the different colors on the Phone Signal bar stand for?

Baladya likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

Bump!! I also want to know the answer to the same. Also, what is the difference in the times displayed above the graph, and below the graph??

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

The colors indicate power level. Green is 100%-26%. Yellow is 25%-16%. Red is 15%-0%. The time above the graph shows how long the device has been on battery. The time below shows how much of the info is displayed on the graph.

Phone color codes are indicators of signal strength. The stronger the signal, the less power used. Red = no signal, max power used to try to find a signal. Dim yellow = weak signal. Bright yellow = good signal. Green = max signal or airplane mode, least power used.

dkgbond3 and Sycobob like this.
  4. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

I have to disagree with the green. Although I get dim yellow at home, I get green when in areas with a known good signal. I rarely have airplane mode on, so it's possible that could also be represented by green.

5. jerofld

I rarely get 5 bars, so that may actually be the case. But I know Airplane mode makes that bar green from my recent vacation. So perhaps we should go with max signal/airplane mode for green.

6. Sycobob

After staring at the graph long enough over the last few weeks I ended up figuring it all out, but thanks a bunch for the information.

One think I did notice about the graph, it only updates when the battery % changes. It seems obvious, but on a phone that only counts 10% increments it will go for hours without updating. When it the battery level does finally change, the graph just plots a straight line between the last change and the new one. It always annoyed me that it took hours to update the graph on my Photon.

7. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

So, what is your conclusion about the colors of the phone signal bar? At home I get about 4-5 bars on signal, but I rarely ever get green color on bars when I am home. Whereas when I go to my university, I get intermittent green patches on the bar. If I have good signal at my university, why is green bar not consistent solid green? If 4 bars could be considered good signal, why is it not green when I am at home. It feels like there is more to these colors. Can anyone explain their findings!! Thanks.

8. jerofld

You can force it to refresh. In the main window where it shows you what apps are taking up the power, hit your menu button and a refresh option becomes available.

9. jerofld

It probably is close to 2-4 bars = yellow and 5 bars and airplane mode = green.

10. Sycobob

I didn't worry as much about the signal bar, but I've noticed a few things. Dark yellow is average service. Green is good signal. Red is no signal (i.e. LOS). Only other color I've personally seen is a light yellow, not sure what that means.