1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stock Gmail app not sending from alternate email acct?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by left4dead, Sep 13, 2011.

1. left4dead

left4dead Member

I'm having some issues with my phone's stock Gmail app and would like to know if there's any way to correct it.

I only have 1 account assigned (gmail) but I have a Yahoo! Email forwarded to the Gmail account.....so I receive both emails to the one account. When I compose an email, there is a drop-down box allowing me to select which email account I want the email to show it was sent from (default is my Yahoo! account).

However when I select my Gmail account and send the email under that.....after it's sent, it shows that it was sent under my default Yahoo email account instead of the Gmail one, even though I selected the Gmail account to send it from.

Is this a known bug or a settings issue?

Advertisement

2. left4dead

left4dead Member

UPDATE:

After reverting back to the stock version of Gmail (v2.3.2) and uninstalling the latest update (v2.3.5).....the issue is apparently resolved. I can now send emails from BOTH accounts (Yahoo! and Gmail) individually (instead of always being sent from the default email account).

I guess this is a bug in the v2.3.5 of Gmail. Hopefully this will be addressed in later releases.

Anyhow I thought I would share for anyone experiencing a similar issue with Gmail on their Android phone.