• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock HTC Dialer

droidkevlar

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2010
I am using VanillaDroid by GrdLock and love it but miss 1 feature. The stock HTC dialer. I need different ringtones for different callers. I have tried taking the apk from another ROM and copying it to the /system/app dir, tried installing it through adb, and tried to install it from the phone. Everytime, cant install. Can anyone help?

when trying to install via adb, i get this error:

adb install HtcDialer.apk
1201 KB/s (940584 bytes in 0.764s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/HtcDialer.apk
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION]

I'm not real sure if this is correct but when I was trying to change the htc battery widget color i was having the same error when reinstalling and some stuff i read seemed to suggest that these htc programs all work together or at least install together and if they removed the sense out of the rom you are using i don't think it will let you install that app. It was something to do with verifying the htc signature that was installed with the Rosie.apk. Never found any real definitive answer on it all but this could be why it won't let you install the htc dialer apk too...if that makes any sense lol...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones