• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock/HTC Music Player FC Issues

I can't get the stock player to even open before it force closes and boots me out. The problem only recently started and since I've had to use another player, while good, I still prefer the stock version.

The only thing I can think of that would have caused problems was that I created a new folder in my SD card for all my music and directed the stock player to that folder. I didn't have any problems after doing this but a month or so later this started happening. I really don't want to do another factory reset but I'll approach that if necessary.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Mods please move to troubleshooting, I didn't see where I was posting this.

Try pulling your music out of that folder and see if it crashes. If not, you can try adding it back in parts and see if it's a certain file that's causing the crash.

FWIW, bTunes was crashing on me because I had some jpg album art that was too big.

You also might try the music mod app (in the market). It's free and works well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones