• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock HTC One X+ turning on, but not charging since full drain.

yukifujita

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
S
I read loads of similar issues, but mine is a little different:

I heavily used my stock-rom, unrooted phone today, recorded long videos in Full HD, when I got back home, I had 18% battery, plugged it into my computer's USB to get the videos (unaware of the issue of insufficient current on USB ports) and windows did not recognize it.

I then unplugged it planning to plug it into the wall socket, and when I woke the phone, it died in my arms. :(

A little annoyed, I plugged it into the wall socket, and got the slow, orange blinking LED, and was not able to turn the phone on. After 30 minutes, the LED stabilized and it seemed to be charging (while off), so I left it there for another 20 minutes.

When I tried to turn the phone on, it worked, normally, but showed 2% battery life remaining. I had Wi-Fi on, but normally it wouldn't be an issue, so I left it charging for another 20 minutes.

I then woke the device and it showed 1% battery left! While plugged in! I tried to wake it and it died again.

I left it there for an hour or so, turned it back on, 6% battery left, I then turned Airplane Mode on so it would charge faster. After 10 minutes in Airplane Mode, it still shows 6%. It is not charging, I'm using the original HTC charger and cable.

It seems like it is not charging at all when on, and charging VERY slowly when off.

Tried a few tricks I read online, such as holding the volume up + volume down + power button for 2 minutes, but all I got was a steady flashing recovery screen, which says my battery is too low for flashing. Tried running it in Recovery Mode, got a 3D exclamation point with a phone icon. Rebooted it normally, it turns back on, still not charging. This does not look good at all.

So the difference between mine and other posts is that my stock phone is turning on, but not charging anymore. If I turn Airplane Mode off, it drains itself even while plugged into the charger.

Battery Widget app showed Charging Speed: n/a. Testing says battery health: good, 3666 mv, "charging" status

I'm really looking for a solution for this, instead of simply returning it (it's more than one year old, and I bought it overseas) or buying a new phone.

Reactions: sjain7988
I read loads of similar issues, but mine is a little different:

I heavily used my stock-rom, unrooted phone today, recorded long videos in Full HD, when I got back home, I had 18% battery, plugged it into my computer's USB to get the videos (unaware of the issue of insufficient current on USB ports) and windows did not recognize it.

I then unplugged it planning to plug it into the wall socket, and when I woke the phone, it died in my arms. :(

A little annoyed, I plugged it into the wall socket, and got the slow, orange blinking LED, and was not able to turn the phone on. After 30 minutes, the LED stabilized and it seemed to be charging (while off), so I left it there for another 20 minutes.

When I tried to turn the phone on, it worked, normally, but showed 2% battery life remaining. I had Wi-Fi on, but normally it wouldn't be an issue, so I left it charging for another 20 minutes.

I then woke the device and it showed 1% battery left! While plugged in! I tried to wake it and it died again.

I left it there for an hour or so, turned it back on, 6% battery left, I then turned Airplane Mode on so it would charge faster. After 10 minutes in Airplane Mode, it still shows 6%. It is not charging, I'm using the original HTC charger and cable.

It seems like it is not charging at all when on, and charging VERY slowly when off.

Tried a few tricks I read online, such as holding the volume up + volume down + power button for 2 minutes, but all I got was a steady flashing recovery screen, which says my battery is too low for flashing. Tried running it in Recovery Mode, got a 3D exclamation point with a phone icon. Rebooted it normally, it turns back on, still not charging. This does not look good at all.

So the difference between mine and other posts is that my stock phone is turning on, but not charging anymore. If I turn Airplane Mode off, it drains itself even while plugged into the charger.

Battery Widget app showed Charging Speed: n/a. Testing says battery health: good, 3666 mv, "charging" status

I'm really looking for a solution for this, instead of simply returning it (it's more than one year old, and I bought it overseas) or buying a new phone.

Mine is exactly same problem with HTC One X+... do you get any solution:thinking:

Upvote 0
Similar problem here...

Plugged into wall charger and power % drops during the "recharging" process.

Using a Battery App, I noticed the "delta" for increasing 1% ranges from 3 minutes to 12 minutes at different times during the recharge.

If battery was removable, I'd probably purchase a new battery. This was the first and will be the last non-removabe battery phone I'll ever buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones