• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stock in HTC logo

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

HTC Desire HD, H3G network before but on T-Mobile

Trying to S-off rooting but went into recovery and load ROM from recovery and showing now
HTC logo in white background
my phone is stuck reboot logo( flash menu) . [ {htc} {"quietly brilliant"} after that its blank screen

i remove battery and turn it back on, still the same situation.

can anyone give me a solution to this problem.

Did you do a factory reset before installing the ROM? If not that is probably the reason - system settings are often incompatible between different ROMs, so if you don't do a reset (which clears these) the sort of thing you are seeing is quite common.

Go back into recovery and either do a factory reset or, if you made a backup from recovery before attempting to load the ROM, restore the backup.

If that isn't enough then it's probably best if you register and come and post your problem to the Desire HD All Things Root forum here. That way we'll be able to discuss in more detail and work out the best solution.

Don't worry, this is fixable.

Upvote 0
yes, I did factory reset after i got the HTC logo problem and try RUU install, it went well but rebooting into HTC logo still.I am trying to root my phone for anroid 4.2 or 4.1 version.
it happen the first time and i did reset and back ok. so, i went into recovery mode( showing clockworkmo recovery v5.0.2.7
showing at the bottom "ACE Hack Kit"
I can go into that now with all options but after rebooting go into HTC logo.

Upvote 0
I see you have registered (at least that's what it looks like - this guest question thing is new to us too :) ), so the best bet now might be to ask in the Desire HD All Things Root forum here (in the Android Phones section). That's where you'll find the people who know this particular phone best.

If you ran an RUU you should no longer have clockworkmod, so something must not have worked there.

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones