1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stock issues causing my to rethink Transformer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GripnRip, May 17, 2011.

?

Will you get a Transformer or wait for the next new thing

1. I'm getting a Transformer no matter how long it takes to find one

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. I'd pass up the Transformer if it takes too long to get in stock and get something else coming soon

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  3. Undecided

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. GripnRip

GripnRip Newbie

So I've been starting to think that if I can't find a transformer in stock by early June it would be worth it to wait to see the Q3 and Q4 tablets. All the rumors of the Amazon tablets and Asus saying they're already working on a Kal-El Tegra3 tablet for Q4; especially with Asus saying that the Transformer dock would work with any upcoming tablets they make. I was wondering if anyone else has been thinking this way as well. What do you think? Will you get a Transformer no matter how long it takes for Asus to get the stock issue worked out; or will you start to look to the next new thing if it takes too long?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xdbuix

xdbuix Newbie

Start using ASUS Tablet PC In Stock Tracker - Transformer TF101 - NowInStock.net

I thought I was going to get mine in June, but I'm getting mine on thursday. The website helps. Be sure to set up alerts on your phone, email, and desktop and be sure to have a computer near by. After about half a week of searching with this site, I was able to grab one from walmart. Good luck hunting!

mobimop likes this.
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Android Expert

I tried to buy this, missed out, now some new announcements for summer have me more than likely holding out.

4. clgwli

clgwli Well-Known Member

After researching everything with tablets I knew if was going to be this one no matter the wait. I was very lucky in that my microcenter had it in stock while I was waiting on an online order to become in stock. Now I am just waiting on the docking station. I have one on backorder but I am still actively looking.

This so far has been worth the wait. Oddly enough my second choice was the ipad2 so I would have to wait no matter what since it was a 2 week wait for that as well.

5. Nutz

Nutz Member

The saddest thing about the Asus Transformer is not that it isn't the best thing since sliced bread, nor that it makes the iCrap look like a child's toy, but the total screw-up by Asus marketing! You begin to wonder why these inept twits still manage to hold onto their jobs - they got numbers 100% wrong, they decided it was better (in UK) to release it to a company more used to selling toasters and kettles and washing machines rather than hands-on high visibility companies. They then managed to totally fu@k-up the launch of the dock - order one by April 29th when nobody could get one here, then charge double the price, but then ensure that there are no docks on their own available anywhere in the entire universe.
    I am sure a bunch of monkeys could have launched the product with more success than these morons!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeekClass likes this.
  6. Romparoo

Romparoo Android Enthusiast

Agree.

7. viber

viber Android Enthusiast

If it isn't readily available by mid June I'll just wait for the Samsung 10.1 or maybe get an iPad2.

8. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

Does anyone know if/when Best Buy may have the Transormer? I have been to my local Best Buy and asked several times but no one knows anything. I was hoping it would be a fathers day to me from my kids and wife.

9. xdbuix

xdbuix Newbie

Online, the transformer has been popping up randomly at various places for 5-10 minutes at a time before it goes back out of stock. This usually happens 3-5 times a day. Stock issues are still a problem, but try using the link I posted earlier. It helped me get my transformer from Walmart.

excav8ter likes this.
  10. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

They ran to Europe, Taiwan and India as launch countries because of the horrible rap and horrific sales figures for the XOOM in North America. ASUS quickly sold out overseas which came as a shock to the company. When the XOOM could only muster up 100,000 in sales in almost 3 months (apple does that during the lunch hour) they delayed the rollout in this market on purpose.

It also doesn't hurt that the ASUS actually seems to work out of the box unlike the XOOM.

Slow Motorola Xoom Sales Delay ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and HTC Flyer | 3D Tablet

11. mobimop

This link rocks thank you!!

12. viber

viber Android Enthusiast

Even stranger that one of the largest electronics retailers in the nation has zero in stock.

That's a problem.

13. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

X2.... My wife and I buy ALL of our electronics at Best Buy, we have built 3 homes in the last 8 years or so, and bought ALL of our tv's, appliances, theater equipment and so on there. We LOVE our local Best Buy. They seem to have real good employee retention, so I can pretty much talk to the same person if I have an issue with something.

14. Zaggs

Zaggs Well-Known Member

Not really if the manufacturer is having a problem getting the parts in. At worst it just means ASUS isn't favoring BestBuy over other retailers. But everyone knew there was going to be a supply problem before it launched just as we knew when they would be able to ramp up production. Their PR guy told Engadget they're making daily air shipments (does anyone use boat for tech products?) to North America.

15. mobimop

Well I just got one via Target about 5 minutes ago. :)

16. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

^ This. Use the desktop alert app for NIS. On the morning of Cinco de Mayo I installed that app, and within 4 hours I had scored a 16GB TF and the dock via Newegg. 3 days later they were on my desk. It was shocking how easy it was. If anybody here really wants one, use NIS.

Protip: You should already know which website you plan to buy from, and have your account setup w/ all your CC info already plugged in. Makes checking out much faster, and thus your odds of getting one much greater.

17. clgwli

clgwli Well-Known Member

I so agree with all of this. I lost out on newegg.com for a docking station yesterday because my cc info getting put in slowed down the site and by the time it went through it was too late.

Amazon popped up as in stock and I got one today (should be here Friday) because I was already logged in and my cc info was already on file.

18. sanfaz

sanfaz Lurker

I ordered mine on release day from best buy and it finally arrived yesterday, delivered to my home. Shopped for the keybord dock and found it on Amazon and in stock and will be arriving next Tuesday. I love it!

19. UKseagull

UKseagull Android Enthusiast

Good luck folks, I hope you get decent Transformers.

20. Mikedroids

Mikedroids Newbie

Well, I would have had mine today, except FedEx screwed up big time. Now I have to call them again tomorrow to figure out what the hell happened to it. Why couldnt it have been UPS......

21. Traelyn

Traelyn Member

No MicroSD card or HDMI port on the GT 10.1 like the ASUS though.

22. chinook9

chinook9 Newbie

I just about gave up on waiting a transformer so I went and checked out the Acer A500 Iconia. Its a very nice unit but it does cost $50 more. I got home from checking out the Acer and NowinStock.net started beeping. I ordered one from Newegg and its in the mail today. I think I could have been quite happy with the Acer. I was surprised how nice the Acer screen was and I'm sure the Transformer is a little nicer. I'm looking forward to playing with the Transformer this weekend.

23. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Android Enthusiast

I found a guy on CL selling his (used less than 4 days), selling for $420, and LOCAL! I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. @#%$ING STOKED.

Now to find the dock...

24. archercc

archercc Android Enthusiast

Im glad i waited. I love the size so much def want a dock.

25. warlock257

warlock257 Newbie

wonder if there are any sites like "now in stock" for Canada

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews