1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stock Message icon to open Go SMS Pro

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rfjfj, Sep 17, 2011.

1. rfjfj

rfjfj Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Hey guys,

So i got Go SMS pro and been searching everywhere how to change stock messaging app to open Go sms pro. I have Samsung Dart (Tmob) android 2.2. I went to app>>manage>>messaing app and there was no default there so i could not clear any defaults, therefore pressing on stock message icon will always open stock messaging (i successfully disabled notifications).

All i want to do is have the freedom of opening Go sms pro from my of my home screen. If I use it as a widget icon then i have to go to a specific screen to be able to use sms pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

You mean the icon on the launcher?

I would assume you are using the phone with the stock touchwiz launcher interface by Samsung. Go to your apps drawer, click the menu button, then edit, drag the messaging app out of the dock, then drag go sms pro into the dock.

Alternatively, you can also use alternative launchers like Go Launcher where you can use any icon you want for the apps you put on your dock.

3. rfjfj

rfjfj Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Sorry mate, there is no app drawer for me on this phone. All i have is my home screen and icon/shortcuts that go on that. Now i have 7 different home screens but i cannot have access of go sms pro icon that i put on, lets say, screen 1 on any other screen. I have to go to screen 1 to launch that icon.

Now there is a row (bottom of the screen) of 4 icons that stay there no matter which home screen I am on. Here they are from left to right: Dialer, contacts, message, menu.

when I long press on any icon on my home screen to move around, the bottom row of icons (dialer, contacts, message and menu) disappear and and a delete icon appears (in case i want to delete the selected icon). So, i cannot drag and drop go sms pro icon in that bottom row.

Now, I been reading a lot on different forums where people suggested that i can go settings>>app>>manage>>messaging application to clear any defaults. Then press the message icon from the bottom row and a message will appear and ask you to set default application for message where i can select sms pro. But for me, messaging application has no defaults under it so cannot clear anything.

Any idea?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

How can you put icons on the screen when you dont have an app drawer. :)

You are confusing "menu" with "app drawer". The menu button is one of the buttons off the screen, with back and home. The blue icon on the dock which you call "menu", is the app drawer. Basically its where you see all the applications you installed. Go in there, and follow the instructions I told you: press the menu button (it usually looks like three horizontal lines, beside the home button EDIT: its the leftmost button on the capacitive buttons beneath the screen), then select edit, and then drag the apps.

EDIT2:

Here, found you a video. Works for all Samsung TouchWiz devices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrDwthrhK0s

5. rfjfj

rfjfj Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    thanks guys, Go Launcher is the answer. Its great. I can customize everything. thanks for both of you helps