1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stock "Messages" App Gone? Incredible 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbeers89, Aug 2, 2011.

1. kbeers89

kbeers89 Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    HTC Droid Incredible 2.. Non-rooted. Android 2.3.3

I went to text message someone last night, and my stock messaging app was GONE. So I tried to go into the contacts, and message from there and it force closed.

If I go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>, Messages is on there, but it is greyed out. When I click on it, it won't allow me to force stop, clear cache or clear data.

I tried rebooting the phone, and taking the battery out for a while. Naddda.

I just installed GO SMS for the time being, and that works fine. Is there any way to get this back without Master Reseting??

Advertisement

2. kbeers89

kbeers89 Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Anyone have the.apk for this????

3. kbeers89

kbeers89 Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    No one has had this problem?? :(

4. The Nooner

The Nooner Member
    None

Feb 23, 2010
    I somehow uninstalled my settings App. What I figured out is when you uninstall an App and the flickering in the apps menu is going on. If you are too hasty the calculating it is doing sometimes it will uninstall a system App. Factory reset will bring it back. I played around with this a bunch and the backing out until the flickering stops seems to prevent it. Aside from the clock App disappearing which seems to be more random. Or use a 3rd party message App and hope they push us an update with a fix.

5. zwinner23

zwinner23 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2013
    I have the same problem I accidentally uninstalled while trying to unistall another app and it gave me no warning. Thanks for the referral ot the GO SMS app I am using that now, but does anyone know how to get the stock messaging app and icon back??