1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Stock messaging app msg counter

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speedlever, May 18, 2013.

1. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'm not sure what I've changed on the new GS4-32, but my stock messaging app is not showing an unread msg counter on the icon... as I seem to recall from the GS4-16 it replaced.

Can anyone clue me what I need to look for to restore that function?

Advertisement

2. speedlever

Jun 17, 2012
    North Carolina
    Would someone be able to confirm that the i337 stock messaging app normally shows a badge with the unread text message count? I'm thinking I remember seeing that on my GS4-16 that I traded in for a GS4-32 a few days ago.

I'm wondering if I've inadvertently disabled something that drives that function. I've disabled a number of stock AT&T apps including AT&T messages. (not sure what that's for anyway). It seems like a duplicate of the stock Samsung text messaging app.

Anyway, I get a notification in the status bar and on the lockscreen, but there is no unread text msg count badge on the text messaging app itself. I'm sure I saw one on the GS4-16. I think. ;)

3. speedlever

Jun 17, 2012
    North Carolina
    OK, I figured this out. It seems that my Nova Prime launcher is the culprit here. I disabled it today and restored TWiz as the default launcher and my unread text msg counter returned to my stock messaging app!

I really didn't expect that to be the issue.

4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Survival
    North Carolina
    Hi speed lever. I merged your message app threads for you. :)

5. speedlever

Jun 17, 2012
    North Carolina
    Thanks Atma. I must have forgotten about that other thread when I started the last one. Sorry 'bout that. :eek:

Atma likes this.