1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Stock music player deleting playlist content

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mastermind47, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Mastermind47

Mastermind47 Member
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Does anyone know why an incredible's music player playlists would be wiped clean of all of its content?

The songs are still on the phone, but they playlist have no songs on them.

After turning the phone off and back on, nothing changed.

I suspect this has something to do with using music junk. Each time the reset has occurred, I used music junk previously.

Also I noticed mixzing loses all of the playlist information as well.

I'm tired of adding the songs over and over

Any help?

Advertisement

2. varkie

varkie Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2010
    Michigan
    Pretty much all media players use the same playlists stored on the phone. The only exception I found was the MIUI player (part of MIUI custom ROM) which only seems to recognize it own playlists and nothing else. I would assume some program, likely the one you mentioned, is clearing your phones playlists for some reason. Once they are gone they are gone. There is also no way to manually back them up or recover them as they are stored in a database file which no one seems to know where it is, at least my searches for it have been in vain. I use MyBackup Pro to save my playlists, it does a really good job but have just recently changed all mine to M3U playlists which I store and update on my PC. I just move them to my music folder on the sdcard of the phone and my media players (mixzing, stock player, amazon mp3 and google music) all recognize them. This save me a lot of hassles if something gets lost or not backed up right.

3. Mastermind47

Mastermind47 Member
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Thanks, Varkie! I may just try that.