1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Stock music player shake to skip?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by philtimm, Jun 24, 2013.

1. philtimm

philtimm New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Hi!

I've an I9505, bought in the UK. I use the stock android music player, but have had Winamp on there, though have since deleted it.

The music player skips a track when the phone is shaken. Or bumped. Or breathed on heavily.

I ride my bike, listening to music on a pair of Sennheiser mobile phone capable headphones, but it also does it with a pair of crappy Sony headphones that I use at the office.

There is no option in the music player's settings, and I've disabled every touch sensitive/Smart View/gesture type setting in the phone settings.

How the hell can I stop it skipping when I do so much as fart?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisement

2. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I have no answer; I can only ... possibly ... confirm your experience.

Had the phone with me while walking the other day. Using world's cheapest earbuds.* Whenever I put the phone in my pocket, it would either skip a track or pause. I ended up holding the phone in my hand for the entire walk, as it was the only way to keep the music going. I had attributed the problem to the cheap-ass earbuds (or, possibly, the cover of the case doing the equivalent of butt-dialing on the "pause" and "next track" buttons on the lock screen). More investigation is necessary.

*They cost $2.99. I'd asked the lady in the store for something that would "get me through the next 20 minutes," and she was pretty sure they could handle it.

3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I know it doesn't directly address your question but you could try another, better music player like PlayerPro, which I use. You can choose what to do when the phone is shaken (mine does nothing) and the widget is much nicer.

4. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Wait a sec, philtimm, when you say you're using the Stock Android Music Player, do you mean (Google) Play Music or the "Music" App (which I figure to be something from Samsung)?

I only ask because my reply definitely pertained to the Samsung one, not Play Music.

5. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Male
    NY USA
    Did you check all the settings in the player itself, I know my iPod Touch has this feature "I turn it off".