1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Stock n1 2.2.1 with root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Inhuman, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Inhuman

Inhuman Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Ok so Ive been real happy so far with Stock n1 and universal androot. I love the root apps.
    Now that the update is out (2.2.1. frg83) I wanted to update and still have root access on stock. I was not able to update because i had deleted stock apps like amazon, twitter, etc with titanium.

I had to flash a stock rom and then update to 2.2.1 worked, BUT no root access.
    I even unlocked the bootloader to see if that would give me instant root but it didnt.
    How can i go about getting root access on my n1 with 2.2.1. ? I want to run a stock rom and use rooted apps like titanium. Also to get future updates like gingerbread OTA.
    I DO NOT want a custom rom like cyanogen. Just stock 2.2.1. with root access.
    whats the easiest way to achieve this?

I tried installing amon ra, and it still wouldnt give me root access, couldnt install superuser,busybox, ect.

please help.

Advertisement

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    After installing Amon RA, you need to use it to flash an update containing the Superuser binaries, which can be found here:

http://bit.ly/su2361ef

Actually, with a custom recovery, you should be able to install Superuser (by ChainsDD) direct from the Market).

3. Inhuman

Inhuman Member

Dec 28, 2009
    How do i install the superuser binaries?

Also i flash back to a custom rom and tried installing superuser from the market and it was unsuccessful. Tried many times but didnt let me install.
    Maybe because i had 2.2.1.? does it block SU? Even if i have an unlocked bootloader?

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    Just flash them via recovery.

Tags: