1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stock Rom V.B07

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrisjv3393, Dec 24, 2012.

1. chrisjv3393

chrisjv3393 Android Enthusiast

2. chrisjv3393

Going to update this backup with the latest CWM tomorrow afternoon and maybe attempt to put it as a zip instead of a backup

3. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I am interested in getting a deodexed, updated, and rooted zip/backup together for everyone. It sounds like you are partially there with the updated backup. I am happy to do work to make this happen, just not sure where to start.

4. chrisjv3393

I CAN do that BUT i really dont understand whats the point of a deodexed rom. I never deodexed any of my roms In any of my phns cuz i see no difference in performance

5. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

sounds like a plan, if possible use the zte update tool before re rooting and all that stuff tho so we can all have the newest update of the rom, then i can deodex the updated stock rom for everyone

6. chrisjv3393

Bro this backup is of The update tool from like 5 days ago wen i bricked my phone lol

SuperR likes this.
  7. junkie2100

ah ok kool, i didnt know you had run the zte update tool on it already, i will get your recovery as soon as i get the chance and deodex the new files, thanks :)

SuperR likes this.
  8. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Awesome!! You guys rule :)

9. chrisjv3393

No problemo! :) i feel like a developer already lmao i used to be the one asking questions, now im answerin them lol

10. junkie2100

i know the feeling lol, untill i got this phone and became impatient with the progress i had never even tried anything like this stuff, now im making update zips, porting clockworkmod, giving general help, its crazy

11. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

It's not so much about performance specifically, it's that you can remove bloatware from your system if it is deodexed...which in turn should be able to make a marked difference in performance.

12. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I am in the same boat as the two of you. One small correction (i think), you are building clockworkmod from source, not porting. You deserve credit for the badass thing you did :)

13. chrisjv3393

Doesnt that have to do with uninstalling some apps (atleast thats wat i read, or i just didnt understand it lol)

14. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

yes, you can remove system apps after it is deodexed. Connections optimizer for 1 ;)

15. chrisjv3393

How DOES that cwm even look? Is it still purple? -.- lmao

16. chrisjv3393

I do it by just using titanium backup lol i think thats Easier.. nd connection optimizer i just disabled it in settings

17. junkie2100

thank you superr, and as far as the deodexed discussion goes all it does is allow you to remove the apps you dont want, like connection optimizer that loves to screw with your 3g, and that boost zone that we know we all use on a daily basis and couldnt possibly be considered a waste of space

18. junkie2100

nope, fixed the purple, and everything else for that matter

chrisjv3393 likes this.
  19. chrisjv3393

It MUST b deodexed To remove system apps? o_O

20. junkie2100

oh except we havent tested the partitioner to my knowledge, i tested pretty much everything else myself tho

21. junkie2100

i think, i mean you can still remove them im sure but it may cause issues or at the very least leave parts of them in your ram, the odex files will still be there causing you to still have little pieces of the program code in memory

22. chrisjv3393

Ooooooh ok i get it now lol thanks for That.

23. chrisjv3393

Ur talkin bout partitioning the sdcard right? If so, i can Test it tomorrow on an old sdcard if nobody else doesnt

24. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

just tested partition sdcard, works perfectly :)

chrisjv3393 likes this.
  25. chrisjv3393

Damn super u beat me To it! Ur putting me out of buisness Here!! Lmao dnt go posting the stock rom wit the Newest cwm now lmao thats my job

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews