• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock RUU for desire Tmobile uk?

I think what Rasta is saying is that the handset has a regional branding (HTC India) rather than being branded to a network, but the effect for RUU purposes is the same - only RUUs which match this will work without a goldcard (and if you are already on 2.2 then the 2.1 RUU won't work without doing the downgrade trick first).

With a goldcard you can run different RUUs, so it depends on why you need to run the RUU whether this is OK. If it's to fix a software problem, then fine. For warranty purposes I don't know - that would depend on HTC India.

If the Gingerbread RUU does run without a goldcard that should also be OK for warranty purposes. On HTC's UK Facebook page says that it is incompatible with Germany (Telekom Deutschland), North America, South Korea and Japan, but says nothing about India. So you might have that option, but obviously I can't promise that what they posted there is complete.

Reactions: rajbal
Upvote 0
Thank you. My purpose to check for RUU was mainly to fix any problems. I think, giving some more thought, will slap the Asia RUU if and when that day comes.:). I have already decided to root (have been dealing with problems with lack of storage issues for a year) and can't think if going back on that. Thank god for the gold card. Hmm...thank the one who made it possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones