• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stock sms and handcent help

Alright so today i thought i would change my phone up a bit and redo my homescreens and decided to try out launcher pro. Now this isnt a launcherpro question as i have decided to stick with htc sense cuz i like the widgets, but when i uninstalled that app i discovered that i now have an extra icon that pops up when i receive a text. I normally use handcent so i assumed it just defaulted to the two notifications the stock and then handcent.

now to show you what icon im talking about i have taken some photos, the first one is with both the stock notification with handcent notifications on.

And the second is where i have disabled everything in stock and still get the notification that i have recieved a message but cant click it or anything it stays there until i hit clear. And of course the little conversation box is handcent notification if you already didnt know.

This is really annoying and would love any ideas how to get rid of this useless icon without having to factory reset the phone. thanks

EDIT: Sorry files were to big had to compress, also added another photo to show that i have turned off stock notifications

Attachments

• 20101104225922932.zip
    132.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20101104230503387.zip
    117.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20101104233451246.zip
    104.6 KB · Views: 41
yup it literally does nothing, all it does it let me know i have a new message and hten i have to hit clear to get rid of it.

If it continues would you consider doing a factory reset? This would solve it, but at the cost of you having to start from scratch and set your phone up again. Feel free to PM me if you need assistance.

Hopefully someone else can chime in as well maybe it's something I've just missed.

Upvote 0
so the bottom icon in that first picture is the stock messaging app, are you asking about that one or the second icon?
before doing a factory reset i would try going into
settings>applications>manage applications>messages and try clearing the cache and clearing data, then go back into its settings and setup the notifications to not come one, also did you uncheck for it to not auto retrieve messages, and make sure it is checked in handcent.
Also maybe try clearing data and cache on handcent and set up those notifications again however you like. Just a few suggestions to try, but if it works its better than doing a factory reset.

Upvote 0
ok guys so ive tried a lot of different stuff and still getting double notified so. My phone also has been acting wierd since i tested out launcher pro so i think im just going to factory reset my phone. Is there a way i can save my apps and then have them synced back over to the freshly cleaned phone? i would love to know rather than have to write them all down and then hunt for them again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones