• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Text message

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
I don't know if its a sign I have a lot of stuff on my phone or what but it annoys me when I click the green messaging icon on the phone and it stalls for a second or two before opening or if I had been texting person A and I get another text from person B, when I tap the green icon it will open back up the Texting thread from person A instead! In that case, I have to exit out of all conversations before I can see the new text coming in from Person B!! So annoying! LOL!

I don't know if its a sign I have a lot of stuff on my phone or what but it annoys me when I click the green messaging icon on the phone and it stalls for a second or two before opening or if I had been texting person A and I get another text from person B, when I tap the green icon it will open back up the Texting thread from person A instead! In that case, I have to exit out of all conversations before I can see the new text coming in from Person B!! So annoying! LOL!

First of all, you might have too many text messages. Try an app called Delete Old Messages or Auto Delete SMS to delete older messages. That might help it open up faster.

I believe your second problem is simply the way the stock messaging app works. It will open back up to the last conversation you were on.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend Handcent for messaging. Not only is it better in just about every feature. imo, it also always opens up to the main messaging screen where you can see any new messages, and not your previous conversation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones