1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Stock VZB ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flyinjoe13, Dec 12, 2010.

1. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 18, 2010
    I'm still on V8, albeit rooted with lots of stuff removed. I would like to get to VZB so that I can use the multirom a2sd for VZB. I know I can simply flash back to stock V8, flash the stock recovery back on and then let Verizon push me the VZB update, but i'd really like to avoid that much hassle if I can.

Does anyone have a flashable stock version of VZB? I know the Android Ally site has a stock VZB file that has already been rooted, but i'd like to get an unrooted one if I could. If Not, i'll just use the one posted at AA.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. GRZLA

GRZLA Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I would not recommend flashing zvb. This build was botched and was the only reason we have vzc. Id suggest C over B due to its stability.

3. flyinjoe13

None

May 18, 2010
    But there is no multirom a2sd file for VZC?

4. GRZLA

GRZLA Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    C is similar to B but contains fixes that B should have had. Technically it should work, wouldnt hurt to try.

flyinjoe13 likes this.
  5. flyinjoe13

None

May 18, 2010
    Well I took your advice sort of. You said it wouldn't hurt to try so I went ahead and tried flashing the a2sd_vzb file on my v8 ROM. I thought everything had worked perfectly. My apps all got moved to the SDCard. There were a couple I had to reinstall from the market that didn't transfer over for some reason. My internal space jumped up to 134mb so I knew it had worked. I was thrilled until I tried connecting my phone to my wireless router and it wouldn't connect.

Now I have no idea how there is any connection between that a2sd file I flashed and my wireless connection, but it stopped working once I flashed it. To verify it, I restored my nandroid backup and the wireless connected right away. Sure wish I was a little more techincal minded about this stuff to maybe figure out what was wrong because I thought I was going to have apps2sd finally.

Tags: