• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock wallpapers names

DaSchmarotzer

Blame it on me
Mar 10, 2010
Qu
I was messing around with my own theme (using metamorph), and I wanted to change the stock wallpapers. I know how to, I know where, but when I went to check the default wallpaper names, I don't have them anymore. :thinking:

Anyway, when I want to select a new wallpaper from the "Gallery", I only have one choice, the "wallpaper_snow_leopard". I have put many wallpapers in the launcher.apk, but none of them show up (I'm guessing because they are not named after the stock wallpapers). The "wallpaper_snow_leopard" isn't the actual leopard, but that's what I wanted.

So, could anybody give me the names? Thanks. :D

EDIT: There seems to be a file called "wallpapers.txt" in the assets folder of the launcher apk, anybody know what this is about? Thanks.

Thanks inFECT.

Just wanted to let others know (In case you don't want to follow the procedure) I found the names. There are many stock wallpapers in Galaxo, but the ones showing up in the Gallery are:

wallpaper_10.png
wallpaper_beach.jpg
wallpaper_green.jpg
wallpaper_grey.jpg
wallpaper_jellyfish.jpg
wallpaper_lake.jpg
wallpaper_mountain.jpg
wallpaper_path.jpg
wallpaper_pink.jpg
wallpaper_road.jpg
wallpaper_snow_leopard
wallpaper_sunrise.jpg
wallpaper_sunset.jpg
wallpaper_zanzibar.jpg

and of course you'll need the smaller versions, the names are the same except for an added "_small" before the file extension.

EDIT: If you install helix launcher (via a .zip), only wallpaper_snow_leopard is showing up.

Upvote 0
Thanks inFECT.

Just wanted to let others know (In case you don't want to follow the procedure) I found the names. There are many stock wallpapers in Galaxo, but the ones showing up in the Gallery are:

wallpaper_10.png
wallpaper_beach.jpg
wallpaper_green.jpg
wallpaper_grey.jpg
wallpaper_jellyfish.jpg
wallpaper_lake.jpg
wallpaper_mountain.jpg
wallpaper_path.jpg
wallpaper_pink.jpg
wallpaper_road.jpg
wallpaper_snow_leopard
wallpaper_sunrise.jpg
wallpaper_sunset.jpg
wallpaper_zanzibar.jpg

and of course you'll need the smaller versions, the names are the same except for an added "_small" before the file extension.

EDIT: If you install helix launcher (via a .zip), only wallpaper_snow_leopard is showing up.

Can you upload these JPGs in high res for us to download please?

Upvote 0
Can you upload these JPGs in high res for us to download please?

Sorry, I don't really have enough time to mess around with my phone nowadays (especially because of my new job), and I don't currently have the wallpapers on my phone or on my laptop.

Anyway, they are the stock wallpapers, so I'm guessing it's possible for you to get them too, or for anyone else who didn't mess too much with their launchers.

EDIT: Oh, and in case you're wondering, I didn't edit your post, I simply merged your double post.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I don't really have enough time to mess around with my phone nowadays (especially because of my new job), and I don't currently have the wallpapers on my phone or on my laptop.

Anyway, they are the stock wallpapers, so I'm guessing it's possible for you to get them too, or for anyone else who didn't mess too much with their launchers.

EDIT: Oh, and in case you're wondering, I didn't edit your post, I simply merged your double post.
Thanks! I actually have a Moto Droid running the new Froyo release from Pete, but I liked the look of the backgrounds on the Galaxy from what I've seen so just curious if a WP pack was out there anywhere for DL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones