1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stocks Widget Display Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by richie0079, Feb 8, 2011.

1. richie0079

richie0079 Guest

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone is having the same problem i am. All of a sudden for some reason the widget won't round up the figures for each stock anymore, and therefore they aren't displaying correctly on the widget. :thinking:

for example, if the FTSE 100 gained 30.54 points this morning, the widget would display it as 30.5378695 (for example), instead of 30.54. the same with the % figure too. As there isnt actually room for 30.5378695, it is all messed up. I can't understand why or how it's happened and i can't see any way of fixing it either.

thanks in advance if anyone can help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dpicker3

dpicker3 Lurker

I am having the same problem. As of today.

3. BookerHD

BookerHD Lurker

Having the same issue as well! On Desire HD though. Any solution to this problem guys?

4. richie0079

richie0079 Guest

unfortunately i have tried absolutely everything apart from a factory reset. which i don't particularly want to try. and you can't re-install the app because it's a phone original.

i can only assume yahoo finance have altered something that the widget no longer likes. :(

searching google as well has not come up trumps, so at the moment i fear we are stuck.

5. BookerHD

BookerHD Lurker

I've tried it on another Desire HD as well and it has the same problem. I doubt hard resetting would solve the problem?

The strange thing is the Stocks application itself displays as per normal whereas the widget displays it with the irritating rounding off issue.

6. richie0079

richie0079 Guest

it sounds like a problem like i suspected with yahoo finance then. they must have done something with their data that renders the widget unable to calculate it (if that makes sense :D)

i'm 99.9% sure therefore a hard reset would do nothing. we will have to wait and see if the problem corrects itself (seeing as it is only very recent), otherwise contacting HTC would be the only other course of action.

7. BookerHD

BookerHD Lurker

Exactly! Yahoo finance must have changed something... however i'm puzzled as to why this is the only thread I can find in google that relates to this problem. It must have affected many other users as well.

8. richie0079

richie0079 Guest

yeah i started this thread as there were no other threads anywhere about it :D

maybe people just haven't noticed yet, or not a lot of people use the stocks app/widget. i've always found it perfect before now, and had no reason to download another off the marketplace.

that might change tho, lol.

9. hctagalong

hctagalong Newbie

Same problem here on my Incredible. I agree with others that the data stream has to have changed in a way that the widget can't cope with. Guess it's time to look for a new stock widget as I suspect that the wait for HTC to fix this will be a while.

10. DHevo

DHevo Lurker

No your not the only one.......... I noticed it the other day, I am a avid stock trader and I thought that I had a few corrupt files on my phone. I was going to do a reset, but the yahoo layout makes sense. So in the meantime I am using different downloads like the CNBC pgm and Stock Quote. The ones that have not noticed it are probably not interested in the stock market

11. eadams

eadams Lurker

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents / pennies (delete as appropriate for your region) in here and say I've noticed it as well on a HTC Desire running 2.2. Really quite annoying...

12. rdseefeld

rdseefeld Lurker

Same here. Contacted HTC. They said its not their problem as they get the widget from Yahoo Finance as a 3rd party supplier . Contacted Yahoo Finance and am waiting for a reply. My brother-in-law just got a new HTC Incredible and the widget works on this new phone. Will update when Yahoo responds.

13. rxallan

rxallan Newbie

I'm having the same problem. This is pretty annoying actually!

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews