• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stolen Droid

MadHatter10

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
Last friday my droid htc eris was stolen from my house, i had it turned off. I could care less about the phone, i can always get a new one i really want my sd micro card with just about every piece of my life on it. Is there anyway i can track or locate my phone...
Open to all suggestions

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your phone! The carrier "should" be able to get a GPS fix on the phone (not exactly accurate but close) but typically won't do this unless someone hands them a court order. There are software packages that could be installed on the phone to allow you to do the same remotely but their legality is somewhat questionable and you can't easily do this without either posession of the phone and access to it via the carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones