1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support stolen fone questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by inspireme4g4, Jan 1, 2012.

1. inspireme4g4

inspireme4g4 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    hey guys, my htc inspire is either lost or stolen imma go with stolen and i have a question, but first i must say that i dont have any of the apps that could locate it for me on it. but if i did have one of those apps, and the htc sense thing to locate it, what if the person who stole it forced a factory reset? would it still be trackable in any way? i mean theres no way they couldve guessed my unlock code and that would make the fone un useable to them unless they did the factory reset, and wouldnt the factory reset undo everything including the apps and the htc sense finder cuz the phone would no longer be synced?

Advertisement

2. naresh1

naresh1 Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    As long as the inspire has been fully reset wiping all data it should not be trackable

3. james515

james515 Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2011
    Communications
    Houston
    call your carrier, report it lost/stolen and tell them to block the IMEI, the phone can then only be used as a wifi only device.

4. inspireme4g4

inspireme4g4 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    great so i have to hope that whoever took it hasnt just gone to google and found out how to facorty reset it, cuz i had to one time and didnt want to bother deeling with at&t so i factory reset it, which was simple enought and i found out how to do it on google, my passcode had been changed so i had to do that cuz i couldnt get into the fone, but basically if this guy who stole it has any idea whatsoever on technology then hes prolly already wiped it, and im not worried about the imei number i ll just pay the insurance and get a new one, and this time i ll download the hide able apps to find it.

5. james515

james515 Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2011
    Communications
    Houston
    you should report it anyway, when the IMEI is blocked they cant use it as a regular cell phone (voip over wifi sure), if they take it into a store to try an activate it, AT&T should confiscate the phone

6. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Podcaster
    NY
    AT&T wont block the IMEI if you try calling them. They used to, but it seems no one has been able to get them to.