1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stolen galaxy Tab Notebook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dawnell Marie Obert, Feb 8, 2020.

?

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A was stolen pinned it know its location yet no can seem to help me recover it

Poll closed Feb 11, 2020.
  1. Any advice

100.0%
  2. Any idea

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dawnell Marie Obert

Need help advise

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You'll have to supply more information to get any advice. Though if you actually know the location of a stolen device "go to the police" would be the obvious advice (making the assumption that there is some sort of rule of law in whatever country you are in - I say that to make clear the extent to which we only know what you tell us).

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

police....yes definitely, police. never confront a thief unless you are well trained in self defense or know martial arts....LOL

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

This is a complicated situation as a lot of police departments simply won't, or don't have the resources to devote to things like stolen mobile devices. They may contain invaluable data that means a lot to the owner but dollar-wise it's just petty thievery. In a densely populated area like NYC or Chicago if you report a lost tablet to a cop it's a matter of filing out a report and that'll get tossed into stack of thousands of other, similar reports, or just trashed in a day. Confronting the thief yourself could be risking your life.
    But more details as to where this location is might reveal something.

puppykickr, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.