1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

stolen phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by adelsaad, Jan 27, 2020.

1. adelsaad

adelsaad Lurker

Hi everyone, my Note 9 was stolen, or missing for about 4 hours, after retrieving it I was wondering about if personnel data was accessed or not,,,, how to check it out?????
    thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

If my phone was stolen and then recovered, I'd waste no time in changing passwords on any account I auto log into including my google account. It would be the only way I would have peace of mind.

Jfalls63, Xavier Black and ocnbrze like this.
  3. adelsaad

adelsaad Lurker

thanks for your quick reply, i was asking about how to find out if data was accessed, photos and videos specially,,,, i checked the google activity but i couldn't find out

4. olbriar

olbriar  

Checking an access log is something I've never thought about or needed. I copied this from the net.

Does Android have an activity log?
    Well, Google has to have all of it. ... By default, the usage history for your Android device activity is turned on in your Google activity settings. It keeps a log of all the apps you open along with a timestamp. Unfortunately, it doesn't store the duration you spent using the app.Jun 16, 2019

I hope this gives you something to check.

#4 olbriar, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Xavier Black, ocnbrze and adelsaad like this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah there really is no way to really know what was done to your phone other then the activity log. did you have any lockscreen security? fingerprint lock? pin? pattern?

Dannydet and Xavier Black like this.
  6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

The truth is that no, there's no telltale way of knowing what was compromised. Someone could have even connected to your device via USB cable and transferred who knows what.

7. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

I'd do a Factory Data reset then sign in to Google after changing the password. After that I'd enable 2 Factor Authentication.

8. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Did you have any kind of lock screen (iris scan, fingerprint, passcode, etc.) set up? If so, it's very unlikely your phone was actually compromised in some way. If you didn't however, yeah you should reset the passwords to all your online services and do a Factory Reset on your phone.

A lock screen is generally pretty effective, there's a lot of scary, reactionary claims that smartphones can be readily hacked into but most of the general population, anyone who might have randomly picked up your phone, won't be able to get past it (unless you use something like a simple password like 1234 that's easily guessed). If you are being targeted by law enforcement or a government agency however, dump that phone now.

Where did you lose this phone and were did you find it?