1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stolen samsung

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hayder Gallas, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Hayder Gallas

Hayder Gallas Lurker

Hi,
    My samsung gamaxy a5 2017 got stolen today,
    It is protected with fingerprints and password.
    Im worried that the thief cpuld acces my photos or files.
    I sit possible to unlock a samsung galaxy a5 2017 without knowing the password.
    It should be noted that the phone comes with samsung Knox and most of the data im worried about is in the secure folder app.
    I need your feedback please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well you can use the findmyphone.com to lock and locate your device. i would also change your email and passwords to at least google (also setup 2 step verification, if you have not already). if they can't unlock the phone, they will try to do a hard reset which will trip frp (factory Reset Protection) and if you changed the password, then you should be good.....cuz once frp is tripped, the phone will not be unlocked unless they have the google acct info.

....good luck. i hope u find your phone.

MrJavi, Dannydet and dontpanicbobby like this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

The galaxy a5 2017 was originally released with Android 6 so even if you upgraded it, all data was encrypted from the beginning. So, unless your password/pin were ridiculously easy to guess, your photos are safe. You should use the link @ocnbrze provided, though and issue a request for a remote wipe, just to be safe.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Track it. Call the Police to retrieve it if you really think someone ste it.
    Tracking worked foe me on a different Samsung.
    HTH
    Ieft it on a bus.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Police generally don't retrieve stolen property. They will make out a report for an insurance claim, but that's about it.

MrJavi, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

They do in my part of the world. More like Lost & Found. My Brokkline retriever was huge.
    His hand absorbed my grip like I was not there.

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) release date was January 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7880 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

January 2017
Release Date
Reviews