• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop an update....???

Ok, so I have been searching the forums for a while now...
I originally searched for OTA; but it didn't return any results.
Then I searched for OTA Update; and that yielded many results.
I read, and read and read..... didn't find much as far as Sprint goes.

However, when I had Verizon, they would push updates to certain phones. Your phone would update whether you liked it or not.

Now, when (or if) Sprint releases the 2.1 update, do I have to manually update it or will it be pushed to my phone. If it is pushed to my phone, is there anyway to stop this update from occurring.

Ok, so I have been searching the forums for a while now...
I originally searched for OTA; but it didn't return any results.
Then I searched for OTA Update; and that yielded many results.
I read, and read and read..... didn't find much as far as Sprint goes.

However, when I had Verizon, they would push updates to certain phones. Your phone would update whether you liked it or not.

Now, when (or if) Sprint releases the 2.1 update, do I have to manually update it or will it be pushed to my phone. If it is pushed to my phone, is there anyway to stop this update from occurring.

You can change the setting to "prompt" before download. I believe it is under SETTINGS - SECURITY.

Reactions: furcifer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones