• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop apps starting!

ripkord

Aug 3, 2009
Sorry keep calling them apps, coming from an iphone you see!!

Anyway, there are apps that I'm not using (mail, footprints etc) that I'm not using - I use gmail - does that use the mail app? Is there any way to stop things running, seems a bit random that footprints would start for no reason!!

Thanks

I have the HCT Hero (from sprint), even advanced task manager doesn't seem to succesfully stop some applications. I can stop them, but they come back: peeps, footprints are two examples.

I do not want to uninstall the applications as I might want them. But I do not like that they run all the time even though I have not used them yet.

Is there any way to keep these from running until I explicitly invoke them?

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure you can't uninstall stock apps unless you root your phone. None of the task managers could do it.

Correct you can't uninstall stock apps unless you are rooted. I am also looking for a solution for this issue im tired of uninstalling Google Play to keep it from running and reinstalling when i need it I would love to have an app run when "I" call it or even stop some processes of an app from ever running all together such as a PC can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones